Friday 5 February 2010

Moonshadow



Jamie B and I met this morning with a view to Lost Valley Buttress in Glencoe. However things looked a little murky so we headed into Coire Nan Lochan instead.
I did wonder about the safety of the north facing approach slopes which I must admit felt a bit creepy. The snow pack is quite wet, the weak layers still very much in evidence but we got there.
In the end we climbed Moonshadow IV,5 which I've walked past many times and never been specifically excited by. But boy is it good, I think it's worth 3 stars in the guidebook. Varied steep climbing , turf, rock, snow, ice it has it all. Nice.
Visibility today was at about 20m most of the time, so the photos aren't up to much. Sorry.
The corrie was fairly quiet, a couple went up Dorsal Arete and Matt and Keith did Central Grooves.

No comments:

Post a Comment